How is are you doing on your goals?
Still trying to finalize what your goals will be?
Given up? (It's okay, brush it off and try again!)
Here's where I am and what I want to accomplish next month!
1. Read: Bible, God isn't in a hurry, sticky faith, crazy love, Lord where are you, secrets of the bible, basics of biblical parenting, living on God's economy, don't waste your life and sidetracked home executives
January: I followed my bible reading plan and read Crazy Love, Sidetracked Home Executives, Basics of Biblical Parenting, Stone Fox and Little House in the Big Woods.
February Goals: continue bible plan, Sticky Faith, Living on God's Economy and whatever other books I find to read.
2. Work on house: my room (floors and paint), build canning pantry shelving, update electrical
January Accomplishments: I picked out paint for my room and figured out plans and materials, but didn't actually accomplish anything.
February Goals: I don't forsee accomplishing much on this goal for February either.
3. Work on yard: cut down trees by road, fence front yard, put in 3 raised garden beds, 3 apple trees and 2 blueberry plants
January Accomplishments: much planning and decision making, but not much else.
February goals: more planning and a first attempt at propagating hydrangeas for a living fence.
4. Plan, license and open my new business venture
January Accomplishments: more research, planning and budgeting as well as finding a great deal of needed materials for incredibly low prices.
February Goals: Finish planning and get licensing done.
5.Earn at least $15,000 (I have several small goals set to help achieve this one!)
January Accomplishments: I didn't reach the minimum monthly needed to reach this goal, I was close but not there. I did get back a childcare position I used to hold and a lead for 2 more full time childcare positions.
February Goal: reach the adjusted monthly minimum income and continue to pursue ways to increase income. Also, ways to reduce expenses (there's always something) so I can open a true savings account and have the interest to count as income. (I don't expect to open the account until June)
6. Animals: grow at least 1/2 of feed for year, fence off new chicken/duck pen, add rabbits back in
January Accomplishments: again this was mostly research and planning, a little rabbit searching
February Goals: finalize plan for new fence lines, clean up rabbit area, finalize crop plans for feed
7. Build up a 1 year stockpile of coconut oil, nuts, rice, beans, flours and applesauce
January Accomplishments: thanks to some amazing sales, discovering exactly what I have and a trip into the city, I have a year supply of coconut oil, nuts, rice, and beans.
February goals: buy 25 lbs of almond flour.
8. Find a new church
January Accomplishments: research, hunting and prayer
February Goals: more of the same and attend at least one service somewhere new.
9. Get rid of our TV and set more concrete standards for other media influences
January Accomplishments: I purged the movies and worked on the books. They've watched 2-3 movies a week at home.
February Goals: Finish purging books. Return all borrowed movies. Limit movies to 1-2 a week. (Yes, I'm slowly weaning us down.)
10. Stop smoking
January accomplishments: I've stopped for 3-4 days at a time several times, just to cave to weakness during the worst part of it. I'm currently on day 4 without smoking.
February Goal: keeping praying and trying.
I'm baby stepping in the right direction and that's really all I can do at this season in life. As I continue to make progress in all areas of my life it frees up my time, energy and resources to pursue the path the Lord has before me.