Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Garden plans

It's January. Which means the only gardening I'm doing right now is with my pencil and a pad of paper.

Then again, this may be the most important part of gardening.

I need to know what I'm planting and where and when. What's going in when one plant stops producing.

This year I'll be planting

Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Potatoes
Pumpkin
Spinach
Peppers
Onions
Garlic
Yams
Peas
Beans
Radishes
Cucumbers
Kale

I'll be doing the peas on poles. cucumbers and pumpkins on trellis. The peppers I'll put in pots so I can move them to the green house in the fall and hopefully get a few extra weeks out of them.

I can't wait to get my fingers into the dirt!

I'll also be adding to my herb garden (both cooking and medical) and attempting to propagate some starts from my grandma's hydrangea so I can have my own.

I love hydrangeas!

I also have several bulbs planted and some to put in late still. As those multiply, I'll be selling the extras.

What are you growing this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment