Monday, January 5, 2015

Pantry Challenge

Some friends and I are embarking on a pantry challenge.

We will be doing our best to avoid grocery shopping and cook from only what we have on hand.

While one of my goals is building up portions of my stockpile, this pantry challenge is much needed.

We all have those things that we end up with sitting in the cupboard for 8 months and you wonder why you bought it.

Also, with some of the changes I'm making to our food choices, somethings need to get out and stay out!

I'm not very good at meal planning, I need to get better. So here's my first attempt!

Tuesday
Breakfast: pancakes and fruit
Lunch: sandwhiches, fruits/veggies and cheese
Dinner: homemade pizza

Wednesday
Breakfast: rice pudding and fruit
Lunch: zucchini bread
Dinner: bbq chicken, veggies, yams and toast

Thursday
Breakfast: pancakes and fruit
Lunch: quesadillas and chili
Dinner: curry & rice with veggies

Friday
Breakfast: oatmeal, sausage and fruit
Lunch: sandwhiches and fruit/veggies
Dinner: mashed potatoes and gravy, Brussels sprouts, pumpkin bread

Saturday
Breakfast: pancakes and fruit
Lunch: peanut butter banana bread with carob chips
Dinner: leftovers

Sunday
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch & dinner: leftovers

There will probably be some changes since I'm not sure which day this week I'm working, but we have a goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment