Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grocery Goal

Some of you may remember that I set a goal to lower my grocery bill to $400.
 
I have not done a good job at that one.
 
Now that I am striving to save every penny for the down payment to buy my house, I'm trying to reach that goal with new motivation and excitement!
 
 
I made my meal plan.
I ate before I left.
I didn't take kids.
I made a list.
 
and for once I was close to my budget!
 
My goal for the first shopping trip of the month is to only spend $150.
 

 
I went over by only $4.55!
 
With what I picked up we should be stocked up for the month and only need to fill in a few things and pick up produce and milk each week.
 
This amount also included a 25 pound bag of carrots for the animals.
 
I have $245.45 left in my grocery budget for the month.
When feeding a crowd this size that's not much.
We'll be utilizing a lot of what we have in the pantry and freezer.
Many cheap recipes, which I'll be sharing here!
Two or three of our hens are ready to butcher.
I've discovered that some foods can be regrown from the scraps. I'll share more on that tomorrow!
 
I hope everyone takes what the Lord gives them, no matter how much or how little and uses it wisely.


No comments:

Post a Comment