Thursday, January 23, 2014

Let the planning begin!

I look forward to my garden.

It brings me joy.

It's a great learning activity with the kids.

It provides quality food at the best cost ever, FREE. Well, almost free.

I've started planning this year's garden because I can't wait!

So far plans include...

Planting 2 apple trees and 2 blueberry plants.

Out front I'll add several herbs, many pickling cucumbers and another raspberry plant.

In the back I'll be planting pumpkins, carrots, spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, garlic, onions, bell peppers, zucchini, peas, beans, yams, potatoes, watermelons, brandished and lots of tomatoes.

I'm still not sure where to fit in corn and strawberries.

I not only look forward to planting and tending, but finding creative ways to grow the most I can on my small piece of land, putting up food for the year and determining how to add more next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment