Saturday, April 12, 2014

April end and May Goals

Over all I moved in the right direction. As usual I failed to reach the extremely high goals I set, but I did better I think.

1. Read the bible and 4 other books
April: Stayed on track with bible reading and started another book. Plus I've been studying Philippians daily because that's where God has led me.

May goal: continue reading plan and make it through half of book.

2. Take a meal to one family/person a week
April: I accomplished 4/4!

May goal: another 4/4!

3. Get off TANF
April: I lowered my expenses by $40 and exceeded my income goal.

May goal: income goal is set, lower expenses by another $20.

4. Grow or produce most of our food: grocery goal budget is $200 or less
April Remaining: -$17.53 (but I have a 4 month stock of milk for the boys, for $20)

Steps I took this month:
~started lots of seeds
~continued milking Pepper Rose, built her supply up a bit more!
~made several attempts get the white rabbit

May Goals: budget: $300

Steps to get us there:
~build at least one raised bed
~build milk stand
~start more seeds
~get rid of wild rabbit

5. Get involved in another ministry at church
April: I have just continued to help out as often as I can. It's been incredibly rewarding and fulfilling!

May goal: this month I'm going to make an effort to introduce myself to at least one new person a week and be more out going, because in everything I do that will be helpful.

6. Work on house: paint interior, replace carpet, upgrade some insulation
April:
~Painted girls room
~painted boys room

May Goals:
~touch up laundry room
~install outlet/switch insulators
~Get a screen door
~Price fence
~Carpet up in boys room

7. Build up stock for craft fairs: completely 10 projects a month, not including orders
April:
Projects completed: all orders
Projects to complete: 1 blanket, 1 plarn bag

May goal: 2 new orders, 1 blanket, 1 plant bag

8. Eat better: more organic, no soy, mostly GF, less sugar
April: We've reached a point of no soy, very little sugar, mostly GF (only thing I still buy/make separately is bread) and about 75% organic!

May goal: This month I want to really clean out the freezer and cupboards of non-organic, processed stuff. Most of it is gone, but much still lingers.

9. Stop smoking
April: I smoked 8 days in April.

May goal: kick the nasty habit!

10. Expand animals and their housing: 3 ducks, 1 goat pen
April:
~sold all the rabbits
~cleaned up goat pen area
~found 1 new source of forage feed to cut costs

May Goals:
~Add 3 duck hens
~Build second goat pen

No comments:

Post a Comment